Most of us have either been asked or have asked what's the Wi-Fi password. Could be when the grandkids are coming over for the weekend or you have friends over. And the passwords usually look something like this "RK1EqjWluxxp5oKkRR". Not easy to remember or type in. But you can create a QR code a barcode of sorts that will save all your Wi-Fi details for you. All you have to do is scan it and it shares your password.
There have many third-party applications to make a QR code. But if you are a user of Android Q you can easily generate a code to share just tapping a button.
With Android Q you can also add devices to a network if you manage that via a QR code on a sticker or display. The device must support the Easy Connect Wi-Fi standard to do this.
How To create a QR code:
- Go to Settings, then Network & internet and turn on Wi-Fi network tapping the gear to the right.
- Open the Network details window and tap the blue Share button on the right.
- Enter the Wi-Fi name and password to generate a QR code.
That's it. You cannot save the QR code, so you'll need to regenerate it every time you want to use it.
How To scan a QR code:
- Open your camera app.
- Tap on the camera settings and then tap More.
- Tap Lens, and then tap Turn on the camera to use Lens.
- Now, position the Camera viewfinder over the QR code and tap the code. Now the camera will start to scan the QR code.
- Once the name of the network appears below the QR code, tap it to join the Wi-FI network.
That's all. So now share your Wi-Fi without the passwords and enjoy.